Saturday, January 13, 2007

Mull-et tu, Brutus?

Okay, since we last talked, I've gone through some changes.

I listen to Country Music. All the time. (Way behind on the CD reviews, sorry!)

I am transfixed by pro football. This weekend, it's me, my Zero Gravity Perfect Chair, and four playoff games, including the Patriots' game tomorrow afternoon. I am in heaven, and am already dreading in anticipation (one of my specialties) the end of the post-season.

I'm even fantasizing about a pickup truck.

What has become of me? Is this some cracker mid-life crisis I'm going through? (I thought I went through my mid-life crisis in 1999 when I bought the convertible!)

Ah, well, I'd like to keep talking, but halftime is over, and the Colts are back on the field. I like these guys, and New Orleans, and Pittsburgh (I'm from Pittsburgh). I like Carolina, 'cause I work for a company based in Charlotte. But should any of them wind up going against Tom Brady and the Patriots, I will be rooting for them to be sacked like Rome under the Goths du jure.

But before I go, I could really use your advice: F150, Silverado, Avalanche, Ram, Titan, Tundra or... Ridgeline?

No comments: